Student ResourcesWelcome! Now that you are part of the UConn community, you will receive regular communications from departments around the university. Please pay special attention to emails from the UConn Bursar’s office, the Registrar’s office, the Graduate school, our office, School of Engineering Professional Education and of course, your professors! Below you will find links to resources and forms you will need to access throughout your graduate career. The university also has an app called myUConn which includes some of the links shown below as well as others which may be of interest to you. It is a great on-the-go tool to access your schedule, HuskyCT and other beneficial resources.
The information below provides you with the majority of resources and forms needed throughout your graduate career.
- Academic Calendar
- UConn Alerts
- Bursar’s Office
- Add/Drop: Financial Implications (Refund Policy) *Note: In order to be eligible for a refund or cancellation of charges, a student must officially drop ALL courses currently being taken.
- Course Schedule
- Graduate School
- Library Resources
- Live Class Links
- NetID Information and Passwords
- Registrar's Office
- Student Administration (also referred to as PeopleSoft)
- UConn Email
- UConn Software Catalog
- Veterans Affairs Office
- Voluntary Separation
- Center for Career Development
- Wiley Dawson, career coach and liaison to the School of Engineering, email@example.com or to make an appointment: https://uconn.joinhandshake.com/appointments/new
- Academic Achievement Center
- PE Student Ambassador Overview
- The Student Ambassador program is a leadership opportunity for current students who would like to serve as representatives for the Professional Education program. Student Ambassadors not only benefit other students in the program, but also the companies that our students are involved in. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kacey Pilver, Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inclement Weather Guidance
- In the event of delays, cancellations, or closures due to inclement weather, if a decision is made to cancel classes, it will apply to all classes, both in-person/hybrid and online. While we certainly understand why an instructor teaching an in-person or virtual course might want to offer a class virtually to avoid losing a class period, there are a variety of factors that necessitate the canceling of classes applies to all classes. These factors include access limitations to virtual classes that may result from power outages and other weather-related complications, as well as significant uncertainty and complications for students adjusting to last-minute modality changes.
Device Requirements for Student SuccessIdentified technical device requirements for student success include:
- Using Gmail to send and receive email with attachments
- Using PeopleSoft, the student administration system and self-service portal
- Using Blackboard (HuskyCT), the learning management system
- Using Kaltura to record and edit video
- Using LockDown browser for online assessment
- Composing text essays and receive digital editing (comments, markup suggestions and edits) Creating digital presentations
- Performing calculations
- Accessing and using online digital content with graphics and animations
- Participating fully in web and video conferencing.
- Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 processor (i7 or Ryzen 7 preferred)
- 8GB of RAM (16 GB preferred)
- Mac OS 10.15 or Windows 10
- 256 GB SSD hard drive (512 GB preferred)
- Wireless networking adapter
- Camera and microphone.
For courses that are conducted online, please plan that you will be expected to complete assignments as regularly scheduled. For courses that are taught from the Storrs campus and accessed via WebEx or WebRTC, please plan to follow campus weather announcements. If you have any uncertainty about an individual course, please contact the professor directly for instructions.
For more information
UConn School of Engineering
Professional Education Program
371 Fairfield Way, Unit 4031
Storrs, CT 06269-4031
Toll Free Phone: 855-740-4044