UConn Cybersecurity Boot Camp
Become a Cybersecurity Professional in 24 weeks
Why Learn Cybersecurity at the University of Connecticut School of Engineering?
- Get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.
- Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, three days a week through our dynamic virtual classroom experience.
- Through virtual classes and a dynamic curriculum, you’ll develop the fundamental skills to graduate from the program ready to use your knowledge in the workforce.
- Benefit from a wide range of career services to help equip you for success as you work to change career paths or advance in your current position.
*The materials covered in this course are subject to change due to market demand.
Our CompTIA partnership provides enrollees with a complimentary CertMaster test-prep tool and an exam voucher to take the CompTIA certification exam of their choice. Enrollees will choose a cert that best aligns with their interests and career goals from the following list: Security+, Network+, Linux+, Server+ or Cloud+.
What You Receive
- Through immersive instruction and lab environments, you will learn both the theory and application of tools used by industry professionals.
- You will learn the technical skills needed to be competitive in the field of cybersecurity.
- You will receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated career materials advisor and career director who will work with you throughout the program and prepare you to be employer competitive.
- You will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks — quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
About the School of Engineering
UConn School of Engineering is a powerhouse for research and engineering education in the state of Connecticut and beyond. We are the number 1 public engineering school in New England, and we provide 51 percent of the state’s engineering graduates. We work with local and national industry to address pressing technological challenges and to strengthen our manufacturing base. We value entrepreneurship and innovation, and our students and faculty actively develop startups and new technologies in support of economic development. Equally important, initiatives in engineering for human rights, brownfields, and cybersecurity demonstrate our enduring commitment to addressing major challenges facing our society.
This program is offered through the University of Connecticut in partnership with edX, a part of 2U, Inc..
About edX Education Services
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the program run?
- Live online sessions are held Monday/Tuesday/Thursday 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Can I keep working while studying at the UConn Cybersecurity Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program was designed for working professionals who are seeking to advance their current careers or change paths.
How long does it take to complete the program?
- The program is part-time. You can complete it in six months (24 weeks).
Do you provide career planning support?
- Yes. We offer all of our students career support and coaching as well as resume support, interview preparation, and experiential learning opportunities.
Do I need to have previous experience in cybersecurity before applying?
- While some background knowledge is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our program.
What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in the region?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals and students to study cybersecurity without leaving their current job.
- We put the student experience first, using robust analytics to track the academic journey and ensure that we provide top-quality learning.
- You will benefit from a robust set of professional development services to prepare you for success as you work to advance or change careers.
- We employ skilled instructors and provide a curriculum based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the market.
This program is offered through the University of Connecticut School of Engineering, https://www.engr.uconn.edu/.
In partnership with edX
Contact UConn Engineering Boot Camps at (860) 453-0163